The Coach in Training at Kids Play Tennis is designed to provide young adults with an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands-on experience in a professional environment.
- Work at a club that has one of the top 10 and Under Tennis Programs in the area.
- Hours spent can be used as community service hours for high school or internship credits for college
- Letter of recommendation provided
- Improve on pertinent life skills such as teamwork and leadership skills
- Opportunity to coach in various community tennis programs
- Coach In Training Certificate from Kids Play Tennis
- On-court and off-court assistance
- Delivery of the QuickStart teaching format for kids 10 and under
- Set-up and tear down of all equipment before and after each lesson/clinic/camp/tournament
- Assist pro staff with organizing players and be prepared to take charge of small groups of players during tournaments.
You will be given opportunities to lead in programs such as:
- USTA Tournaments and Play Days (held on Saturday afternoons and evenings September through June and sporadically throughout the summer)
- Summer Camp and Junior Programs
- Community events, such as mall events, in-school and after-school program
- At least 14 years of age
- Knowledgeable/have a background in tennis
- Comfortable coaching/working with younger children of all ages and abilities
- Positive and enthusiastic in all tasks
- Motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- Responsible and timely on a daily basis
- A team player
- Professional in appearance; wear tennis attire at all times
- Most importantly, you must LOVE working with kids & be a positive role model